Thursday, September 17, 2015

Day 38 of the 40 Day Design Challenge: The Italian Renaissance & A Custom Cake Artisan



The first unveiling of our Italian Renaissance Costume!
The costume is made of a satin bodice and satin skirt.  I choose dark forest green for the bodice, and plum for the skirt, both colors would have been available in a similar shade during the Italian Renaissance (of course, most likely in silk, not satin).  The costume with the bodice was styled from a museum sketch on the renaissance period.  It was a garment that a wealthy merchant's daughter may have worn.  The bodice is stiffened with foam, overlaid with a striped sheer fabric, and trimmed in a frilly fringe and embroidered ribbon.  As you can see, the bodice ties in the back.  The headdress can be worn a number of ways, here it is worn as veil.   I may post more pictures of how it can be worn in a later post, but now, it is time for our featured guest.... 

 
Featured
 
 When I first saw Kāke coming up in my news feed, I was immediately impressed.  I had no idea that the amazing artist behind these awesome cakes my friend, Rosalyn. (Pictured, right)
You can imagine my thrill when I was directed first to her facebook page, then to her website.  Just look at these cakes!  They are incredible!

I naturally had to feature Kāke on my blog, and I hope all of my readers head over to her facebook page to see  the latest designs and be sure to like her page when you visit!

All of the cakes at Kāke are original, so expect to be wowed! She also makes and decorates cookies (above, left), so much creativity here.  And yes, this hamburger is a cake!

 To visit the Kāke website click the pictures above or at www.kakestudiobakery.ca
To visit her facebook page click the link or picture below

 
                                                 https://www.facebook.com/kakestudiobakery



No comments:

Post a Comment