Thursday, September 8, 2011

Late Century Finery



Today was a much nicer day, the sun was out and it warmed up in the afternoon. It would have been a perfect day for professional pictures, however, my photographer didn't get home until late - and I don't have everything done. For now, it's another sneak peak.

I picked this dress up at a thrift store, I was so excited, it was so lovely. I added sleeves, and a piece at the neckline, and I'm thinking little rubies to match the under-layer? Willow is the genius behind the sleeve material. With the dress being a fair bit more than I would normally spend, I didn't really want to buy material for the sleeves. Willow was brilliant, she suggest using a portion of the lining. I took off several inches of the lining, re-hemmed it, and made some sleeves. Now, I just have to figure out how I am going to attach the rubies?

~Before~/~After~
And Additional Details



No comments:

Post a Comment